Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Facebook to Create 200 Jobs in Austin

This blog I found in The Right Standard, is a conservative view aimed toward the people in Austin who might need or be interested in new job opportunities. Rick Perry announced that the Texas Enterprise Fund will designate 1.4 million to facebook to help develop their new office and sales. Social networking has expanded so rapidly as well as Austin. The blogger states this new idea will give an option of creating new jobs rather than needing our President to bail us out. He argues that Austin is the number one city in Texas and we're not dependent on the Obama administration so since social networking seems to be the current trend and Austin it seems ideal.
Social networking? Why not, I can find roomates, textbooks, old friends, pretty much anything I want on facebook. I was just talking about this with a classmate, and I was explaining how I can't bring my computer with me if I plan on studying because my fingers just automatically type in "facebook" and once I'm off, I find myself logging on 10 minutes later. I truly think this would be a great idea that would grow rapidly and gain a lot of strength. I sometimes stop and try to think what I did before facebook and myspace because now my boss, parents, grandparents, etc are all active members on the network. There are also a lot of corporations who have "groups", my job included. I am a nanny and with the type of work I do, I can use it to network between the different families I care for. I also I agree with this article because I don't think we need any bailouts. If you had a job and you did poorly on it and made a bunch of mistakes do you think you should deserve a bailout and what would happen? You would get fired, and definately wouldn't deserve a bailout.

No comments:

Post a Comment