Tuesday, March 9, 2010

I think I can, I think I can...

A recent editorial from The All American Statesman, is reaching out to the public about the upcoming start of the rail system. Austinites have long been anticipating the new rail system; Red Line Passenger. Capital Metro was delayed on starting the project so many people are skeptical but have high hopes they will keep their promise to start running on March 22. Austin commuters spent almost a full work week in 2007 during peak hours. That is a lot of money spent on gas and time out of the day. Apparently, Capital Metro has missed several deadlines to get the rail up and running. But now, after terminating the main railroad conductor and hiring a new one things seem to be looking forward and they seem to be back on track.
I believe people spent a lot more time in traffic because I know when I'm coming home from work I sit in it a good hour and a half. I know many people are excited and ready to change their travel ways and "dodge" some of the traffic. There's nothing worse than having a busy schedule and dates changing all the time. I do however understand that things come up that you didn't plan all the time, especially in a big project. These things take time to perfect. I love the title of this editorial and I hope for the best for Capital Metro and that they can pull through on this deadline. I know most people "will believe it when they see it" but I hope for the best, I guess we will soon see the outcome of what weve waited so long to see. Hopefully it will be a big benefit to most people and will help to reduce the traffic even though this article says it isn't expected to. I however, don't see myslef riding it unless I'm roaming around downtown.

No comments:

Post a Comment